Thursday 8 August 2013

She's So Cc-c-c-c-c-cold

cold 
wind blows
she knows
she throws 
her weight around
and I knew to 
run for the hills
before the hammer 
came 
down.

My Papa warned me
about women scorned
and to pull up my pants 
when the party is over.

But took I a chance 
on December romance
and that was the year that
Hell really froze over.


Today is Day 2 of a 5 Day free promotion for my Kindle Chapbook "Rough Around the Edges". 
Details are here on my Author Blog "Notes from the Edge" - support you local poet!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that song! Awesome write, Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice: it's always a good idea to pull up your pants when the party's over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha....def pull the pants up before you run...otherwise you will not get far...i wonder in the end if hell freezing over is a good thing or bad you know...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to leave a clean slate when one's finished. Unfinished business is very taxing on the resources and is not paying! Nicely Sam!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping for a visit. You comments are appreciated.